Skip to main content

Mandatory "I'm making a singing synth" pre-post post

I was writing something about this but it got too wordy. Don't get me wrong, I want to give you all as many details as possible, but I care very much about being understood and consistent about things (as ironic as that sounds) so I thought I'd give a very short introductory post about it instead of bombarding anyone who would potentially read this with useless information.

Cool, now that that's out of the way, I am making a singing synth.

I am writing the back end (the actual synth part) in Python.

I have no current plans of creating a front end but I have a few options as to how I'm gonna get started on that that I'll update on in the probably very distant future.

I have a shitty demo:


Here's a copy of the description on SoundCloud, which goes over pretty much everything you'd need to know about it:

i completely forgot to post this on here i've been making jokes about it on twitter for the past few months but here's some highlights:
  • no note blending because i'm a coward
  • no pitch bends because i'm a coward
  • no WORLD data caching because i'm lazy, so it takes 3 years to render
  • timing inaccuracy of potentially 5ms per note, with no per-note correction, because i'm lazy
  • it blows up if you so much as look at it the wrong way while using it
  • the only redeeming quality is that i'm using WORLD, which is 100% dope and I love it
i'm still working on it i'll open source the thing when i feel like it lmao....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Generic Yearly Life Update

It's not, like, terribly unusual for me to disappear for months \ years at a time on here, but I thought I'd give at least a little update as to what I've been doing and what I have NOT been doing because I don't really want to leave anyone hanging, in the event that anyone has been keeping up with my posts.